There are multiple inbound marketing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that measure the progress of inbound marketing campaigns. These KPIs are most easily broken down into three categories – getting found, getting favored and getting fans.
To track how well your brand is getting found you should keep an eye on the following KPIs in Google Analytics.
- Total Website Traffic
- Website Traffic Within City/Metro/State (For Local Inbound Marketing)
- Total Organic Traffic
- Organic Traffic Within City/Metro/State (For Local Inbound Marketing)
- New Organic Users
- New Organic Users Within City/Metro/State (For Local Inbound Marketing)
- Paid Search Traffic
Get Favored (Conversion Optimization)
To understand if your brand’s conversion rate is increasing or decreasing take a look at the following KPIs in Google Analytics (these KPIs can be viewed for each of the “Get Found” segments).
- Bounce Rate (Bounce rate of organic landing pages is especially important)
- Time On Site
- Average Pages Per Visit
Additionally, you should track the following KPIs within their own company software.
- Number of Website Conversions
- Number of Internet Sales
- New Internet Revenue
To understand how well your brand is converting leads or buyers to fans watch the following in Google Analytics.
- Returning Visitors
- Frequency of Visits
- Count of Sessions
- Days Since Last Session
Additionally, we encourage you to track the following.
- Number of Reviews
- Average Rating
- Total Internet Revenue